Updated 08 August 2018.
We treat with extreme care the personal information provided to us.
The "controller" of your personal data within the meaning of the Belgian law of 8 December 1992 (amended by the law of 11 December 1998 transposing Directive 95/46/EC) on the processing of personal data, is DOODLE SPRL (Rue des anciens étangs, 40 - 1190 Brussels – VAT BE 0818.100.275 – Brussels business register - contact__AT__pageditor.com).
1) Collection of information
1. Registration information
When you register and create an account, you provide us with the following personal information: first name, last name, e-mail address and password.
2. Payment information
3. Automatically collected data
Our servers automatically record information created by your use of the Pageditor solution, such as your IP address, browser type and language, the referring domain, and visited pages.
DOODLE uses “cookies”, in particular to optimise your visit of our website, to remember technical choices (e.g. a language setting), and to perform and improve our Services (e.g. by activating security procedures or by allowing you to share web pages on social networks such as TWITTER, FACEBOOK or GOOGLE+).
Cookies are small data or text files that are stored on your local computer by websites. Such cookies may have different purposes: there are technical cookies (for language settings), session cookies (temporary cookies) and tracking cookies (cookies that follow your online behaviour, enabling the website owner to offer you the best possible user experience).
Section 129 of the Belgian Electronic Communications Act (Telecommunications Act conversion) contains a number of provisions about cookies and their use on websites.
What type of cookies do DOODLE use ?
- _session : purpose of this cookie : session cookie PHP. Sessions are a simple way to store individual data for each User by using a unique session identifier. They can be used for having information retained between several pages. This cookie is stored for 30 days (unless you log out from your account in which case the cookie is immediately suppressed).
- _token : purpose of this cookie : authentication cookie. Allows User’s authentication with our API. This cookie is kept for 30 days (unless you log out from your account in which case the cookie is immediately suppressed).
- _37243efd5ac1a8a7(…)96e03b34203fceb85294 (or any other unique number) : purpose of this cookie : session cookie. This cookie is kept for 30 days (unless you log out from your account in which case the cookie is immediately suppressed).
- _utma, _utmb, _ utmc utmz, _utmv : Google Analytics cookie : to keep statistics and to monitor how a User visits the website, with a view to improving our Services. For more details please read : https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage Section : ga.js – Cookie Usage
How to manage cookies ?
In order to access the Pageditor solution, you must enable cookies on your computer. If cookies are disabled, our Services will not work properly.
If you nevertheless wish to limit, block or remove cookies from DOODLE, you can manage your browser settings as described hereunder : http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/
6. Third Party Services
DOODLE uses the Google Analytics Services to help us to understand your use of the Pageditor solution. These services may collect information sent by your browser as part of a web page request, such as cookies or your IP address.
The data that Google Analytics uses to provide all the information in your reports comes from these sources:
• The HTTP request of the visitor
• Browser/system information
• First-party cookies
The HTTP request for any web page contains details about the browser and the computer making the request, such as the hostname, the browser type, referrer, and language. In addition, the DOM of most browsers provides access to more detailed browser and system information, such as Java and Flash support and screen resolution. Analytics uses this information in constructing reports like the Map Overlay, Browser, and Referring Sites reports. Analytics also sets and reads first-party cookies on browsers in order to obtain visitor session and any ad campaign information from the page request.
2) Use of information
All your personal data, contained in the registration form or obtained during the use of the Pageditor solution, are stored and processed in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations, in particular the Belgian law of 8 December 1992 (amended by the law of 11 December 1998 transposing Directive 95/46/EC) on the processing of personal data.
For the above mentioned purposes, the data may be used, in particular, to:
• perform the requested Services and enable you to use the Pageditor solution;
• keep track of your activities on the website in order to determine your preferences, so that our Services can be adapted to your requirements and needs;
• send you follow-up emails in order to help you optimize the use of the Pageditor solution, to provide you with service information or to keep you informed about new features or options of the Pageditor solution or about our activities (direct marketing limited to our Services);
• understand and analyze your use of our Services in order to improve them, by using Third Party Services (Google Analytics);
• ensure efficient technical Services;
• build statistics after anonymization of data.
3) Disclosure of information
Your information will not be transmitted except in the limited circumstances described hereunder:
1. information shared with service providers (trusted third parties engaged to perfom functions and provide services to us, including, without limitation, hosting and maintenance), only to the extent necessary to perform the requested functions and provide the requested services;
3. information shared to provide the Pageditor solution: e.g. to display public messages or the number of Users who clicked on a particular link (even if only one did);
4. information transmitted at the request of the Court, the public prosecutor's Office, police or other authority, in case of infringement of the legislation by a User;
5. information transmitted by using third party analytics services: Google Analytics (aggregate information only).
4) Rights to access, rectification and opposition
As a registered User of the Pageditor solution, you have the right, at any time and free of charge, to access your personal data and to correct erroneous or outdated information, by logging in to your Pageditor account.
Nevertheless, you will not be able to change or remove Payment information or Automatically collected data.
You can also permanently delete your Pageditor account. The process of deleting your account from our systems will take place immediately, without any possibility to restore your account if it was accidentally or wrongfully deactivated. It may take up to 48 hours to have the data suppressed from the automatic backups.
You can also request us to delete your personal data, in which case we will immediately close your account and remove your information within 30 days.
The choice to provide us with personal information is always yours. However, in order to access the Pageditor solution, you are required to create an account and to provide DOODLE with accurate and complete Registration information as well as to keep its registration information accurate and up-to-date.
If you remove some required data without replacing them, we might no longer be able to provide you with our Services.
Nevertheless, you may object, at any time and free of charge, to the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes (in this case when we contact you by e-mail to help you optimize the use of the Pageditor solution, to provide you with service information or to keep you informed about new features or options of the Pageditor solution or about our activities), by e-mail (contact__AT__pageditor.com) or by registered letter (rue des anciens étantgs, 40 – 1190 Brussels – Belgium), to which you shall attach a copy of your identity card or passport.
If we haven’t already deleted your personal data earlier, we will either delete them and remove any common account identifiers, such as your username, full IP address, or email address, after 30 days after the termination, cancellation or expiry of the agreement.
Payment information will be stored by our third party payment processor for as long as is necessary for the conduct of the accounts.
6) Security and Confidentiality
DOODLE has implemented appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal information from destruction, loss, alteration, modification, unauthorized access, misuse, accidental disclosure to third parties, or any other unauthroized processing of your data.
HOWEVER, DOODLE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ENSURING, GUARANTEEING OR OTHERWISE OFFERING ANY DEFINITIVE PROMISE OF SECURITY IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PERSONAL DATA.
Therefore it is important for you to collaborate actively to these security procedures, in particular by preventing unauthorized access to your login and password.
DOODLE’s agents and employees who access your personal information shall be bound by the same duty of confidentiality.
7) Protection of minors
The Pageditor solution is not available to Users who are younger than 18 years old.
If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us at contact__AT__pageditor.com. We do not knowingly collect personal information from people under 18. If we become aware that a person under 18 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to remove such information and terminate that person's account within a reasonable time.
This Policy is without prejudice to the rights of DOODLE with regard to those Users regarding whom the law, a regulation, a contract or any other document of a legal, regulatory or contractual nature authorises more extensive operations.